A talk with VORST
By Analaura Saenz Hernandez of Eminent Proclivity Promotions.
Blackened Heavy metal
Austin, Texas (2019)
Nâli of the Dead - Bass
Sister Sabbatha - Vocals/Theatrics
Session Player - Drums
Hellfrost - Guitar/Vocals
IMMORTAL, WATAIN, JUDAS PRIEST, EXCITER, DROPDEAD, ANTISCHISM, BROKEN BONES, ZAKK WYLDE (with Ozzy)
VORST started in 2019 as a one-man band with Hellfrost being the originator. They are forging something new from Black metal calling it "Blackened Heavy Metal." With a first full-length album in progress titled "Burn the Priest" and having already performed in Texas, they are now planning for their U.S. tour. Possibly even looking into offers in Mexico and South America.
More about VORST:
1. How did the band's name come about?
-VORST - "Hellfrost is originally from Washington's Cascade Mountain range. I wanted something cold, deadly, and simple. Originally, I wanted the name to be 'Frost.' Then I started looking up the word in different languages and found it in the Dutch language. It translated to VORST
2. Why the forged subgenre?
-VORST- To us it means more freedom. As a Satanist, nothing means more than freedom. Freedom to not follow any genre or subgenre. Freedom to not judge the riff!"
3. Can you tell me more about any recent or upcoming releases?
-VORST -'"Burn the Priest' will be our first full-length album. It will have many music surprises, especially coming from any form of a Black Metal band."
4. If I was new to the band... What proper introduction (album, song, era) would you suggest I start with?
- VORST - "I would suggest the song City 'Witch' from 2019. That, I feel is the origin of our new sound."
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT:
- VORST -"Practice to a metronome, take no shit, and any idea you have that you say "oh that's silly" and decide not to use it, those are actually the best ideas."
Thank you VORST.